Assisted Living and
Senior Nursing Facilities
RemoteMD have developed a program that can assist in drastically reducing the number of unnecessary trips your residents make to the ER and the unnecessary, stress, discomfort and inconvenience it causes not only to them but to your staff and facility.
RemoteMD and Telemedicine
RemoteMD has been working with telemedicine in the offshore industrial setting for over 20 years. We have developed programs in which we were able to drastically reduce the amount of unnecessary medical evacuations from deep-sea gas and oil rigs by keeping workers onsite and treating them via our telemedicine platforms, saving the gas and oil industry hundreds of thousands of dollars each year in medivac expenses.
Since the first signs of Covid-19, RemoteMD began to design and develop a way to answer the needs of Assisted and Skilled Nursing Facilities by bringing this same success to the onshore medical arena while focusing on maintaining the comfort, dignity, and high-quality medical care for you residents. According to the Center for Disease Control, over 40% of ED visits were avoidable in in 2018 and that number has steadily increased since then.
Another CDC report showed that ED visits increased by 20 percent in the first decade of the new millennium. That translates to about 136 million visits per year. One in 5 Americans will visit the ER at least once annually. Of those trips, only 12 percent will result in admission, meaning many of those visits, as many as 65 percent, are deemed unnecessary. The result is very costly in terms of both time and money.
Avoidable visits included
With RemoteMD’s telemedicine program, we are able to conduct a virtual visit with your residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when they need it, even if they have a PCP. If your primary care provide is not available, we will assist your resident and deliver all the information directly to your residents’ PCP.
With our virtual state of the art equipment, we can conduct:
- 12 lead EKG
- Determine blood pressure
- Oxygen saturation
- Heart rates
- Monitor lung sounds
- Very soon, conduct ultra sounds and echocardiograms
With this information, our providers can determine if your resident needs to leave your facility or can stay where they are comfortable and receive the medical care they need.
Contact us today at email@example.com
Benefits of the program
- Alleviate the number of unnecessary transports from facilities
- It eliminates the need for quarantine when a resident comes back from the ED
- It will drastically reduce the strain on staffing, transportation to and from the ED
- It can even create additional income with the fee for service for placing equipment onto the patient for our providers to do their evaluations
- We will provide an expansive portfolio of specialty care physicians, Cardiologist, Behavioral Health, Geriatrics, etc. All available for same day consultations if not immediately available when the primary call is initiated with our general practice physician
- If transport or specialty care is needed, our physician can communicate with the receiving physician and monitor the progress of your resident as well as provide all information to the PCP if one is listed
- RemoteMD has developed a specialized training program to teach your staff how to use our equipment, focusing on the comfort of your residents, and assist our physicians in obtaining a full patient evaluation to provide the absolute best care for your resident. This will decrease the need for additional staff by educating you current staff on how to provide a higher quality of care
For chronic illnesses such as diabetes or COPD, remote patient monitoring can lead to more regular contact between patient and provider. That leads to better management of care. We will always contact your resident’s PCP, if there is one, with any information.
With RemoteMD’s program, residents avoid the risk of infection from other patients when visiting a doctor’s office or hospital. And because by communicate from your facility, they avoid the risk of having an accident while traveling, especially during bad weather conditions or overnight hours when staffing is at a minimum. Plus, they get to stay in the comfort of their own space reducing the stress and anxiety of an ED visit.
Residents receive on-the-spot care via a virtual visit, instead of waiting for their next appointment, wasting time traveling, or sitting in a waiting room. If a PCP is listed, we will communicate all information to them if needed.
Regence Health Plans reports that consumers save an average of $100 per visit when using telehealth instead of in-person office, urgent care, or emergency room visits. The cost savings are associated with medical claims, mileage and wait times in traffic and the waiting room.
Giving a senior living community the ability to connect to a doctor, nurse or specialist in real-time can eliminate the need for transport to the hospital. Studies have shown that approximately 60 to 70 percent of all nursing home transfers to the hospital are unnecessary. Also, many senior living facilities don’t have a doctor onsite 24/7 so RemoteMD’s telehealth has become a vital option.
When a common or less acute medical issue happens on weekends, holidays or other times when the PCP is not available or there isn’t one, there’s no need to wait to schedule an appointment. RemoteMD providers are just a click away. Instant access 24/7 every day of the year.
RemoteMD empowers family members to take an active role in their loved one’s care. By being able to sit in on video conferences with healthcare providers, they can stay in the loop and ask the important questions. They can even monitor their loved one’s health conditions from afar through remote patient monitoring portal. RemoteMD brings peace of mind to both the caregiver and their loved one. Thus, increasing your marketability for new residents.
We all know seconds matter in an emergency or code situation. RemoteMD providers will be there to monitor and director your code emergency until EMS can arrive to take over the scene.
provide a higher quality of care
We welcome you to learn more about how to help create a kinder, higher quality of care for your industry.