Avoiding the Unnecessary Recordable
An in-depth discussion of the regulations governing industry and how medical providers can affect outcomes. By examining the process from hire to the inevitable incident, we look at which factors can be affected in order to obtain optimal outcomes for both patient and company. U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations are reviewed in fine detail to ensure a full understanding of current guidelines. In addition, we evaluate proactive measures which provide equivalent patient care and allow us to avoid the unnecessary recordable.
- Understand the principle guidelines/regulations that apply to sea and land based industry
- Apply regulations/guidelines to everyday practices
- Understand the treatment decision process
- Provide quality equivalent medical care
- Understand how you can affect outcomes
The target audience for this activity includes HSE professionals, HR professionals, paramedics and other healthcare specialists providing medical care in industrial environments.
- Applying regulations to everyday practices
- Equivalent patient care
- First aid
- Days away restricted transfer/Lost time incident
- Medical treatment only
- Hearing loss
- Home away from home
- Preventing incidents before they occur